Born and raised in Newark, Denise Cole has dedicated her life to advocating for the needs of students and community members at large.
A graduate of Rider University, Denise served in the U.S. Army Reserve, achieving the status of Captain before retirement. Denise is also Vice President of the PTA at George Washington Carver Elementary School/Bruce Street School of the Deaf.
Formerly, she served as a permanent substitute teacher for special needs students and regular classes. Hers is a reputation of Integrity, Accountability, and Transparency.
Denise consistently delivers positive results while holding leaders and administrators accountable for improving educational standards.
- Ensure skillful Board Governance
- Accountability for Quality Fiscal Management
- Board and Superintendent Transparency
- Meaningful collaboration with Charter Districts
- Equitable & Effective Student Enrollment
- Balanced resources for students in all 5 wards