Why Newark Trust for Education?
- The Newark Trust for Education is a place-based education intermediary in Newark that has a network of school-based practitioners who are committed to social and emotional learning.
- The Trust also has significant relationships in the New Jersey philanthropic community, an essential constituent group in this ecosystem and an important voice in the conversation about how external providers operate in schools.
- It has a history of supporting SEL programs and school-SEL provider collaborations in approximately 34 schools across the city.
- In addition, the Trust has conducted research and learning that begins to explore high-quality partnerships in a 2019 study about school-based mental health services.
The SEL4NJ School Provider and Quality Implementation (SPQI) Work Group is a collaboration of eight high-impact education- and health-focused organizations across New Jersey, under the umbrella of SEL4NJ and co-led by the Newark Trust for Education.
- Click here to see the slide show presentation delivered during the November 3. 2022 virtual information session.
- Click here to become a work group member, a collaborating organization, or a volunteer to take our survey.
- For more details, please review our project brief.
The work group seeks to expand its understanding of SEL implementation needs, challenges, and opportunities related to school-provider partnerships in New Jersey to inform stakeholders across the state. Members of the group include ArtsEdNJ, NJ Coalition for Bullying Awareness and Prevention, Brick Education Network, Newark Trust for Education, New Jersey Association of School Psychologists, Academy for SEL in Schools at Saint Elizabeth University, SEL4NJ, and Teach for America New Jersey. The SPQI work group will develop a customized framework for effective school-provider relationships based on existing research and new data collected from NJ stakeholders between June and December 2022. The group will also create a set of long-term goals and a logic model for establishing a provider network.