A Vote for Our Children, a Voice for Our Future
Countdown to an Election
On Tuesday, April 19th, the residents of Newark will have the opportunity to shape the future of public education for all of our children.
- Three seats on the NPS Advisory Board are open for election.
- Nine candidates are running.
Your vote does more than impact the future leadership of our educational system.
Your voice ensures that we work collectively and democratically to address the critical needs of Newark’s students.
An Informed Electorate is an Engaged Electorate
The Newark Trust for Education is committed to serving as an independent source for information about the 2016 NPS Advisory Board elections. Here are some of the ways you can get involved in this pivotal moment for our city’s schools:
- Attend our Forum, where you will hear directly from the candidates on their plans and aspirations for the future of education in Newark;
- Participate in the civic conversation by completing our community survey;
- Follow us on social media and continue to visit website as your go-to place for background history, issues analysis and voter guides.
From now until April 19th we’ll be doing all we can to ensure you find the information you need to make your choice. Follow the Trust for ongoing election coverage and updates in the weeks to come.
Join us in this crucial conversation.
Participate in this democratic process.
Vote on Tuesday, April 19th in the 2016 NPS Advisory Board elections.
Because all Newark’s children deserve a high quality public education, the key to our city’s future success.