The Letter of Intent (LOI) for the Victoria Public School Grants Program is now live! The Victoria Foundation in partnership with Arts Ed Newark, Newark Thrives!, Newark Trust for Education, and Schools That Can Newark, is excited to announce that the Victoria Public School Grants Program has been renewed for a third year! Details on submitting an LOI for the 2020-2021 school year are outlined below.
Submitting Letter of Intent (LOI)
- LOI must be submitted electronically here: LOI Submission Link
- LOI must be submitted by Friday, February 7, 2020 11:59PM EST. There will be no extension.
- LOI must be completed and submitted by a school staff member under the direction of the school’s principal. An optional secondary contact from non-profit partner can be provided.
- There can only be one application per unique school campus.
- Each school may request a maximum of $50,000 (though, the maximum may not be awarded).
Things to consider when submitting LOI
- Year-after-year funding is not guaranteed. Please consider the scalability and longevity of proposed program when submitting your LOI.
Think about the scope and depth of impact of the proposed program (i.e. number of students served and in what capacities) with special consideration of the following:
- How the proposed program addresses an identified need and,
- How this intervention will move the school forward
- Collaboration between schools is encouraged, especially cross-sector.
- This grant is for programs for the 2020 - 2021 school year, including summer 2021. Funds can be used for summer 2020 provided that the program will continue throughout the 2020-2021 school year.
After submitting LOI
- Intermediaries will review all LOIs and respond by Friday, March 6, 2020.
- Successful LOI applicants will be invited to submit a full application by Thursday, April 2, 2020.
Victoria Public Schools Grant Info Session: Thursday, January 22, 2020 @ 4 PM
To provide additional support for this process, we will hold an information session for all interested public schools in Newark and partner nonprofit agencies to learn more about the Victoria Public School Grants Program.
The information session will take place on Thursday, January 22nd, starting at 4pm at The Priory (233 W. Market Street). At the session you will hear about the grant, school requirements to apply, and instructions for submitting an LOI for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Click here to RSVP for the Information Session.
For questions, please contact: