As a part of our commitment to creating Safe, Supportive and Effective schools, The Newark Trust for Education is currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year from eligible schools interested in receiving funds to strengthen and improve social-emotional learning (SEL) programs and/or create trauma-sensitive environments.
The selection criteria will be based on the following:
- Quality of Proposal (e.g. makes use of approaches that are grounded in research and best practices).
- Clarity and rigor of evaluation methods and clear statement of willingness to work with NTE consultants working on evaluation.
- Clear explanation of how this year’s grant will build on lessons learned from last year’s work, if applicable.
- Demonstration of need.
- Initiatives that are an efficient and effective response to identified issues.
- Clarity of information about program providers – internal and external.
Applications will be submitted to the Newark Trust for Education by September 15th, 2017 using our electronic form and should include the following attachments:
1. Funders’ Collaborative Proposal Narrative: Describing need, problem and project plans.
2. Funders’ Collaborative Budget Template: Specifying the resources requiring support.
Successful applicants will be notified of decisions by October 6th, 2017.
For further information and for a copy of the application materials, please RSVP to attend our Technical Assistance Workshop.
If you cannot attend the workshop and are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to Stephanie Parry at email@example.com for additional information.
494 Broad St
Newark, NJ 07102
Google map and directions