The Newark Trust for Education (The Trust) is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join a creative and highly motivated team. The ideal candidate is strategic thinker with acute attention to detail, adept at remaining flexible and responsive in the face of shifting priorities. Candidates should also have an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, and financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the non-profit sector.
Click here for details.
Position: Chief Financial Officer
As a direct report to the Executive Director of The Trust, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for the overall financial performance of the organization in accord with generally accepted accounting principles, and financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the non-profit sector. In addition to accounting and financial compliance, the CFO is responsible for providing strategic financial input on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or investments. This includes supporting the Executive Director in development efforts by conducting routine scans to identify funding opportunities, and designing a feasible development strategy.
This position requires a strategic thinker with acute attention to detail, adept at remaining flexible and responsive in the face of shifting priorities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as staff liaison to Internal Affairs Committee.
- Prepare financial reports for quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
Budgeting, Compliance & Reporting
- Work with Executive Director and management team to prepare annual budget; monitor and revise as needed.
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax reconciliations.
- Annual Fixed asset schedule.
- Quarterly Time allocations.
- Process/ distribute annual taxes, W2s and 1099s.
- Oversee annual audit process from engagement letter to audited financials and 990.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, non-profit and insurance requirements.
- Review, update and implement financial policies and procedures as required and ensure compliance.
- Process all A/P and A/R transactions including disbursement of, and draws against grant awards.
- Review all financial transactions and related statements for proper classification and accuracy.
- Troubleshoot and respond to any financial issues and/or inquiries.
Financial Reports, Schedules & Statements
- Monthly Cash-flow statements.
- Monthly Bank and payroll reconciliations.
- Monthly Grant disbursement summaries.
- Maintain grants calendar and ensure all reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial statements for grant proposals, mid-term and final reports.
Skills/Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business minimum education requirement, CPA preferred; 5 years of experience in non-profit accounting/finance; Advanced experience with Quickbooks; Ability to work independently and prioritize competing demands; Demonstrated written and oral communication skills; Knowledge of general office equipment, software and telephone systems. Must be highly organized, self-motivated, and skilled at analyzing Information with acute attention to detail.
Sense of humor a must!
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Chief Financial Officer.
Deadline: February 28, 2017
Newark Trust for Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.