The Newark Trust for Education (The Trust) is seeking an experienced Office Manager to join a creative and highly motivated team. The ideal candidate is an innovative and creative thinker, takes initiative and is a team player with a background in marketing, communications, non-profit management or other related disciplines. Candidates should also have knowledge of, or a strong interest in the education sector.
Click here for details.
Position: Office Manager
As a direct report to the Director of Operations, the Office Manager will provide support for a small non-profit team with a big mission. This person provides administrative support for current staff members and is responsible for preparing the Trust’s newsletter and social media posts, while contributing to daily office operations.
The ideal candidate is an innovative and creative thinker, takes initiative and is a team player with a background in marketing, communications, non-profit management or other related disciplines. Candidates should also have knowledge of, or a strong interest in the education sector.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Manage the maintenance and alteration office suite, including layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Assist in coordination and execution of meetings and special events as required, including registration, document preparation and on-site management.
- Manage external contacts for Executive Director, proactively understanding who they are, which are priority contacts and keeping track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts.
- Implement system that alerts to upcoming deadlines on incoming requests or events.
- Inventory management including purchase of office supplies and equipment as directed.
- Assist in coordination and execution of meetings and special events.
- Ensure that various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when and maintaining executive files as needed.
- Monitor and maintain organization of hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Prepare and distribute meeting notes and agendas.
- Manage master calendar, appointments, correspondence, and travel arrangements.
- Support staff members in research, projects and administrative work as assigned.
- Process program purchases on behalf of cohort schools when required.
- Develop and maintain database of key media contacts and other stakeholders/constituents.
- Manage web-based and electronic communication efforts, providing updates and maintenance ensuring that content is current and posted in a timely manner in accord with communications strategy.
- Work with the Trust staff to produce quarterly newsletters.
- Design invitations and programs (print and electronic) for events as requested.
- Collect feedback on education issues, events, programs and initiatives.
Skills/Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree minimum education requirement; Knowledge of basic software programs including web-based communication systems, social media platforms and Microsoft Office Suite; Ability to think and act pro-actively, to plan and prioritize work; Demonstrated written and oral communication skills; Knowledge of general office equipment and Telephone Systems. Must be Highly Organized, technologically sophisticated, self-motivated, and be skilled at analyzing Information. The successful candidate will also be socially conscious with an interest in equal access to education.
Sense of humor and a roll up your sleeves, get it done attitude a must!
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Office Manager.
Deadline: February 28, 2017
Note: A writing sample as well as three references (two professional, one personal) will be required if and when appropriate.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and within the range associated with non-profits across the region.
Newark Trust for Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.